The pylon camera software suite is a software package comprised of an easy-to-use SDK and drivers and tools that you can use to operate any Basler camera using a Windows or Linux PC or a Mac. Thanks to the latest GenICam 3.1 technology pylon offers unrestricted access to the latest camera models and features.
The programming interface on pylon can work with a wide range of camera interfaces, allowing existing programming code to be used without modification for any Basler cameras and operating systems as well.
- a software package for all operating systems, such as Windows, Linux x86, Linux ARM and macOS
- a software package for all interfaces and standards such as GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, IEEE 1394, Camera Link and BCON for LVDS
- unique context-sensitive camera documentation and programmers’ guides for easy camera evaluation and software development
- a wealth of sample programs for all typical camera applications in all supported programming languages such as C, C++, C#, VB.Net
- easy-to-use and high-performance pylon Viewer, including multi-language support for camera features, for the simultaneous activation and evaluation of multiple cameras
- IP, USB (Windows) and CL (Windows) configuration tools for the simple use of Basler’s GigE, USB3.0 and Camera Link cameras
- GigE and USB bandwidth manager for simple setup optimization
- unique camera emulator for software development without physical cameras and much more